Frequently Asked Questions
True Transport drivers drive company-owned trucks. If you are an owner-operator looking to make a change, we would love to talk with you about joining our family.
While the majority of our frieght requires over the road team drivers, we have solo driving opportunities in select areas. These include Scranton, PA, Albany and Syracuse, NY, and Charlotte, NC. Call 502-309-9430 option 4 if you are interested in a solo position in these areas. Follow us on Facebook for the most up-to-date positions available and happenings at True Transport and in the trucking industry.
Congratulations on your recent graduation! If you graduated from a FedEx approved school, there is a possibility we could hire you under our Entry Level Driver Progam (ELDP) where you would be teamed with an experienced "lead" driver/trainer for a period of time. Call 502-309-9430 option 4 to find out if your school is FedEx approved. This a great program which will help you get the experience you need to perfect your driving skills with us!
If you have a partner, we would love to have them join our True Transport family too. If you refer your partner, you will be eligibile for our driver referral incentive, as long as this driver is with the company. If you do not currently have a partner, we can help pair you with someone.
We care about our drivers and realize that family is important to them. Our team drivers run five days out, two days home in a typical week. (120 consecutive hours). Call 502-309-9430 option 4 to learn what schedules are available in your area.
95% of our trucks are automatic. Our few manual trucks are driven by those drivers who prefer these trucks. All of our trucks are 2019 or newer.
No, many of our drivers get their doubles endorsement during the application/hiring process. You will need your doubles endorsements prior to your first day of driving for us.
You can call the HR department at 502-309-9430 option 4 to speak to someone regarding your status. Standard processing time is usually less than 24 hours.o
We are excited to see you are interested in driving for True Transport. We strive to make the hiring process as painless as possible. Our recruiters are here to help you through the entire hiring process. See below for our driver application and an outline of the hiring process.
We’re glad you’re here!
Step 1. Apply online or call 502-309-9430 option to speak with HR.
Step 2. Talk to a recruiter to hear about our opportunities and benefits to determine if we are a fit for YOU!
Step 3. Move forward with the application process. This will include the following steps:
- Send copy of front and back of driver's license to HR.
- Complete authorization and application for the background check.
- Complete drug test (information will be in email after completion of background application).
- Get T (doubles/triples) endorsement (if not currently held).
- Provide necessary documents, including front and back of social security card, medical card, doubles endorsement certificate (if not on license), and school certificate for ELDP drivers.
- Log on to Drug and Alcohol Clearing House and give First Advantage (background vendor) consent to view results.
- Complete road test (HR will coordinate this for you). You're almost ready!
- Acknowledge safety training (instructions will come from HR, once confirmed active with FedEx).
Step 5. Complete HR orientation. This will include electronic review and signature of onboarding documents.
Step 6. Start driving for True Transport, Inc.!
Congratulations, you are now a True Professional. Welcome to the team!